Sunday, February 1, 2009

My 1 Month Locversary


Yay Me! I have had my locs for 31 days, consecutively that is. And I have loved every day of it! It definitely is a freeing experience, I'll tell you that. Not having to spend a lot of time that I don't have fixing up my hair, trying to achieve near perfection with what is nearly perfect. I'm so glad that I don't have to continue this cycle of perms and new growth.

I can't tell you how many people told me that I needed to get a perm ASAP when I was growing out some natural hair. At the time, I wasn't exactly sure what for, but I knew that I didn't want to continue wearing my hair in that terrible, damaged way. Especially after I researched the relaxer that I used. Wow. That information scared me half to death.

I'll continue to rock my locs and enjoy them. I'll keep y'all up-to-date as I possibly can. I have received word that I could be cutting this summer if all goes as expected with the locs. Yay! I'll get rid of those dreadful ends, BTW, they still shed, the ends, the pop off like crazy, I'm not moisturizing the ends. Do y'all think that I should start, of care less because they are coming off anyway?


No comments:

Post a Comment