Sunday, January 4, 2009

4 Days Old

OK, my locs are 4 days old. They look EXACTLY the same as they did as when they were finished. But, I have gotten the hang of how to get up in the morning and NOT spend about a half and hour on my hair alone. It only takes damp hands and a tiny bit of patience. I just pick up the defiant locs and dampen them and put them with the rest. they do just fine.

I have to go to school tomorrow, I can't wait to see the reaction to me new hair.

The walk to the bus is going to be dreadful because I always fear for the worst during those four minutes. With anything, homework, people, stupid things that were said the day before, worrying about everything and nothing at the same time. And standing there....

Some of the people at my stop are VERY opinionated, and make sure that I know how "she" feels about some things. She's just a hater though. It doesn't bother me because she always has a head full of synthetic weave. Nothing wrong with this in particular, but to attack my choices on my OWN head is what gets me.

But anyways, before I got off on a rant, I was talking about how I'm just 100% sure of how some people are going to react. I can't say either way with anyone else. Like, I can't wait to see how some of my friends are going to react when I walk up looking all ethnic. Oh, and on Monday evening. I have a "special" place to be. These people will be particularly "weirded out" by this.

There is one person in particular for whose reaction should be anticipated.... one of my teachers.

But, it's only hair...

I'll try to blog about the crazy things that happen to me tomorrow. If I'm not swamped with homework. After all, the semester ends in about a week or two.

Peace Out,
M&M

No comments:

Post a Comment