Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


OK, today is deserving of an non-hair related blog! Our new President, Barack Obama, was inaugurated today at 12 PM. America is truly the land of the free. We know that a man born of African decent to a white mother can be anything if he puts forth enough effort. Now we are nearly on equal footing with "the white man". Before, their kid used to ask,"Mommy, I wanna be president when I grow up." Now, us folk can tell out kids,"Baby, you can be anything you wanna be!" And actually MEAN IT!!

I am grateful and deeply touched to be able to see this. I can one day tell my kids that I watched this historic day on CNN in my 3rd period geometry class! Too bad I couldn't be there in Washington D.C. It was probably magical.

Yes we can. Yes we will. Yes we did.

This was totally awesome and it moved me to tears on election day, just as it did today. It is still hard to grasp the magnitude of the moment. I understand it, but there is so much depth to it that you can look at it with one set of eyes. It take an entire country to look at it.

Even though I did nothing to help his being elected, I think that "we" as a country should step up and back him. We know that there are just as many people hoping for him to fail just as there are for him to succeed. And this country is in such shambles that it's going to take more that 4 years to fix it. So don't be too disappointed if you don't get your money, or if all of the troops don't come back from Iraq, or if you don't get your free universal health insurance. Just think about it, all either Bush got for this was low approval ratings. So, he can't drive the country down much more. And if things happen to get a little worse, don't you realize that we are headed there anyway.

Yeah, I know that I'm only 15, but that doesn't mean I can't be reasonable and a little opinionated about something that I can't help. So, don't discount me just yet, Just keep your eyes peeled and your high hoped reeled in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment