Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Doo


Ok, I just got my mini-locs finished last night. Techinically, that would be December 31, 2008 at around 10:30PM, but I'll just say that it was January 1, 2009. I like my new hair. At first, I thought that I was going to hate it, but when it was done, I immediately fell in love with it. They are tiny, and I just know that I'm going to hate the re-tightening, it's going to take forever. But, my mom is going to teach me to do it myself.




Ok, I'm sure that ya'll wanna know the stuff about my hair.




It took like, 3 days to finish. My mom did them at home, so it was like, on and off over 3 days. I'm not sure about thehours, but if I had to guess, I'd say about 16 hours. And that's just a guess. But anyways, I havent gotten around to counting, but I will soon. They are so thin and fragile seeming, I just don't want to disturb them by counting them. I just got them to lay down and behave. So, I'll let them be. lol.




My mom is beat. Who knew that you could lock relaxed hair? Definently not me. But that is exactly what she did. I don't think that I can say exactly how, but it took some time. My hair is kind of whisp because I only had like 1 to 2 inches of new growth, but my relaxed hair was about 5 inches long at it's longest point. My locs are maybe 4 to 6 inches with some that are 2 to 3 thrown in. I had some short spots.
Ok, well, as you can see in the picture of my head above, they look kind of like micro-braids without the extra hair added in. And unlike most of the "new lock" stories that I've heard, I haven't had a single wierd stare. Not one. I feel like I'm cheating. My hair looks like it would if I'd had locks for about a year, at day one. It feels a little wrong...
Until Next Time,
*M&M*








No comments:

Post a Comment